Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The world through a broken vase - part I

Hello !

I found these two pictures on the Internet and I thought I can do something beautiful with them.


It didn’t came out well from the first time, and I’m not sure it’s ok even now when I finished the picture. But I worked some time to get it right and I asked some people to help me because I don’t have any knowledge about drawing and static nature.
This is what I’ve done :


Ok .. we have the picture that contains the vases. I took the polygonal lasso tool and I begin to do a form like you see in the picture below, but for now without the crack from the bottom of the vase.

Don’t forget to save the selection you made – you’ll need it later.(Select- Save selection and type a name)

Then pick the brush tool. Choose e crack brush (you can easily find it on the net) and paint.


Now go to Select – Load selection, click on the name of selection from earlier and position it over the crack in order to expand it and give it almost the crack form (in some places)

To expand the actual selection choose polygonal lasso and press Shift while you add to the selection. You’ll notice a “+” sign. If you want to contract the selection press Alt.

Make sure you are in the crack’s layer. Using the eraser tool delete the part of the crack you don’t want in the image.

If your selection is active, like you see in the picture you can delete only the crack inside the selection. To delete outside of it inverse the selection : Select – Inverse.
Save selection. Deselect

I'll show you the rest of it in the next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment